CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

4/101 -- Visit a NC Winery

While we were at Biltmore this past weekend, we headed over to Antler Hill Village to the winery. Wine tasting and a tour of the winery is included in the price of your admission tickets to the estate, so we took full advantage. We did have my 18 month old daughter with us, who bless her heart was worn out from the house tour, so we opted to skip the tour and just do the wine tasting. The set up was really great. They grouped about 6-8 people together and were assigned to a station. That way you were given undivided attention and were able to ask questions about the wines and taste them in a relaxing environment and not feel rushed. They also gave you a brochure on all the wines you could taste so you could mark your favorites. It was great!

***DISCLAIMER*** For those who know I am pregnant and are gasping that I would let wine pass these lips, it was cleared by my doctor. And the sips I took totaled to be about one average glass of wine, if that. It was not a lot by any means, and declared perfectly safe and acceptable by my OB. So stick those fingers back in your pocket and zip up your lips. :)

The wine we tasted was great and it took some self control to only buy 3 bottles to take home. I couldn't take any pictures, but we had a great time!

1 comments:

Sarah

Glad you enjoyed some of the wine!!! They have a few that I absolutely love!

Post a Comment