CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

37/101 Make Cupcakes from Scratch


Despite feeling under the weather with a dreadful cold, I decided today was the day for #37. Husband has been begging for chocolate and what better way to deliver than with homemade cupcakes!

I found this recipe on a blog and it sounded wonderful. I decided against the other components for now and I went with the basic chocolate cupcake with mini chocolate chips mixed in. I am using this recipe for cream cheese frosting. I have to wait on that for now since I don't have a sifter and husband is picking one up at the store now. They smell wonderful and the texture of the batter looks like silk. I can't believe I have waited this long to try to make them. It was SO easy! I might have to start experimenting with more complex flavors and fillings. My ultimate goal--chocolate mocha cupcake with caramel filling. Also high on the list, but a bit easier are chocolate mint cupcakes.

I took some pictures of the process:


Dry Ingredients

Wet Ingredients


Milk and Vanilla

Silky Smooth

About to be baked

All Frosted and ready to eat
(although I ate two right out of the oven)

Meanwhile, batch one has finished and cooled for about 5 minutes. Here it goes.....

(aren't you jealous? Can't you just smell the rich chocolaty goodness in the air?)

DAVINE! HOLY. COW. Why have I waited so long?! These are amazing. The taste is incredible. The mini chips add such a wonderful element to the cake in every bite. I don't even miss the frosting. I don't think I can ever use boxed cake mix ever again. It would just be cruel to the taste buds.

(Excuse me while I finish licking my fingers and have a moment alone with the rest of the pan.)

Ok. Self control has to take over sometime, right? Only two out of this batch didn't survive for now. That's pretty good considering I have not had lunch and I'm starving, sick and craving chocolate.

1 comments:

Dawn

Holy crap that looks so good.

Post a Comment